I thought this would be insightful, for my 100th blogpost!
After our Teacher Only Day on the 27th of March, a couple of readings and additional support and discussions I now feel a little more comfortable with CRP.
- The importance of caring for the learners, their backgrounds and stories
- The need for high expectations of our students, irrespective of their culture (additionally breaking down any possible stereotypes)
- Learning is a two-way street, therefore there is no position of power in the classroom because the teachers are learning from the students too
- Exploring words/terms in other languages can help make sense of the English terms
- Teaching and learning needs to extend into whānau/the wider community