Thursday 20 August 2020

Wow, I Really Have Learnt A Lot!

I currently have a Pre Service Teacher under my wing, and she asked me some questions to ignite her thinking. They actually encouraged a lot of reflection of my own practice, and really demonstrated over the last (nearly) 5 years how much I have actually grown as a teacher, especially reading through my blog posts I have written. 

The questions asked were;
- When you teach your HPE lessons how do you get your students to demonstrate student agency (choice and ownership) of their own learning?
- How do you encourage students to problem solve and critically think?
- How do you acknowledge students' prior knowledge and experiences?
- What interesting learning activities/experiences do you provide when designing a unit plan?
- How do you embody/apply the principles of inclusion and/or biculturalism in your teaching practice?
- How do you include digital technology in your teaching practice?


I would encourage everyone to take the time to answer these questions irrespective how long you have been teaching. They really got me thinking, and shows me the knowledge I have developed over the last 5 years, and helps my student teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! :)